Lasers Help Comfortably Treat Gum Disease
What Is Laser Therapy?
The CDC released a report stating that nearly half of American adults have some form of gum disease. 70% of Americans over the age of 65 have gum disease. At Dental Innovations, we’re dedicated to controlling and eradicating gum disease in our patients.
How Dental Innovations Helps: Modern Laser Therapy Effectively Treats Gum Disease
Gum disease is an inflammatory disease that affects the gum tissue and the bones that support our teeth. Gum disease has also been found, in some studies, to increase the likelihood of several serious diseases including heart disease, diabetes, and respiratory disease. Modern dentistry has found that lasers can be very effective in treating gum disease.
How Laser Therapy Works
Laser therapy can be used in several different ways:
- It can be used to remove the diseased tissue from around and between teeth.
- When someone has gum disease, there is a buildup of tartar and minerals around the roots of the teeth. Lasers may be used to remove this buildup and help clean out the gum pockets.
- Lasers can be used in conjunction with traditional methods such as scaling to remove the diseased gum and bacteria from around teeth.
What Are The Advantages Of Laser Therapy?
- Less bleeding, swelling, and discomfort.
- Only local anesthesia is used, which means you can drive yourself home from treatment.
- Your mouth will heal more quickly. There is no cutting or stitches involved.
- Some lasers have been found to promote and quicken the regeneration process of the gums and affected bones.
Let’s visit about how we can help you take care of gum disease. Call us for a consultation at (877) 316-7516 or send us an email.